The role of Automation Engineer is a new role that has been announced as part of the Belgium Automation Transformation.
This role will be part of a team which mission is to drive the vision of automation across a group of 4 to 6 MPUs/SPUs, by driving the implementation and application of Automation Strategy. The team provide automation knowledge to execute the automation operations & deliver local projects for the dedicated MPUs to ensure that all systems, equipment and facilities are properly maintained, safe and reliable.
The Automation Engineer is the key point of contact of one MPU/SPU, in close relationship with the Process Engineer of the MPU/SPU, to drive the efficiency of the Automation Systems covering all aspect in the lifecycle of the automation from inception up to obsolescence in order to meet strategic objectives for one specific MPU, while following best industry standards, and implement automation roadmap as defined collaboratively with the transversal team and MPUs.
- You will execute the vision for automation for the next 10 years, drive successful execution across dedicated MPUs/SPUs
- You will define, implement and control the automation strategy to ensure strong partnership with the dedicated MPUs in alignment with the MPU roadmap
- You will ensure that all systems, equipment and facilities in the dedicated MPUs are properly maintained, safe, reliable and efficient, automation wise.
- You will prioritize all automation demands from the MPU to ensure appropriate timeline in accordance with business case, available resources & budget. Ensure resource alignment with automation lead.
- You will integrate into the performance management processes to drive MPU / SPU improvement, ensuring targets visible to all Team members
- You will train and motivate automation team and MPUs partners (Process engineers) to ensure automation and MPUs resources meet current and future business demands providing technical coaching and training plans as required,
- You will ensure relevant automation technologies fit with purpose in order to maintain operations current with/ahead of industry standards with respect to process reliability and efficiency, Quality/Compliance, and EHS
- You will implement and control a robust automation obsolescence process with automation reliability engineer
- You will ensure that automation systems and processes remain current with Health Authority expectations with respect to data integrity
- You will support process engineer in troubleshooting and improvement projects providing the right level of expertise
- You will drive reliable, compliant and efficient solutions vs internal (quality, EHS, Engineering) and external (FDA, GMP, …) standard
- You will promote and act in the community of practices across Automation.
- You will ensure managerial line supports to the 24/7 on-call service
- Strong expertise in automation
- Strong networking, influencing and negotiation skills to engage a broad community of stakeholders.
- Highly effective communication skills at multi-levels
- Positive, Autonomous & solution-oriented
- Ability to handle multiple issues and effectively prioritize
- Fluent in French and English
- Decision-making abilities
- Manage complexity and deliver long term benefits for the company
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Lead technical innovation for the MPU/SPU in automation fields.
- Lead portfolio management for major projects
- Able to propose and deploy plan for reducing obsolescence risks in automation areas
- Able to lead multidisciplinary teams, including large contractor companies.