Our client is a dynamic, flexible, fast-growing company specialised in drones and located in Brussels. They conceive, design, produce and commercialise drones with a target market in civil security.
After the successful release and commercialisation of a first version of its indoor drone (Loki 1.0), the company has now released the second, much more advanced, version (Loki Mk2). Customers range from Police Anti-Terrorist Teams to International Security companies, rescue teams and Army Special Forces.
The Loki Mk2 being built as a platform, we are now actively looking for new collaborators to reinforce our development team. In that context, the focus would be on finalising the developments of the current generation and be part of the kick start of the development of our third generation.
This opportunity will enable you to evolve in a flexible and young environment, work on high-tech products with a complete control on the entire development & production process (very few building bricks of our products are outsourced) and in close collaboration with all stakeholders of the product design teams.
As an embedded software engineer you will:
- Design and implementation of firmware components for new products.
- Participate in the upkeep and maintenance of existing code bases.
- Participate in research work on new technologies.
- Implement proof-of-concepts and prototypes.
- Participate in the development of internal tools and test systems.
- Master’s degree in Electronics or Software Engineering or equivalent through experience.
- Relevant experience in real time embedded systems development.
- Excellent C skills, knowledge of Python and at least one other programming language.
- Good all round Linux knowledge.
- Comfortable with Git, GCC, CMake.
- English professional
- The Rust programming language and eco-system.
- Using Linux on embedded systems.
- Linux build systems such as buildroot, yocto…
- Embedded operating systems such as Zephyr.
- Basic electronics knowledge is a plus (use of oscilloscope, DMM…)
- Computer vision.
- Robotics mapping, path planning, SLAM.
- Packet routing in
- A very competitive annual salary
- Dynamic, flexible, fast-growing environment
- A flat hierarchy (everyone has a real voice at SKY-HERO)
- Great offices
- Flexible working hours
- Work from our offices in Brussels (or partial teleworking), with availabilities to travel (mostly Europe) from time to time
Languages English Experience 2+ years