Our client is a world-leading and specialized glass manufacturer which guarantees world-class technology and the highest level of innovation in glazing solutions. More than 20 renowned automobile manufacturers rely daily on the know-how of our client’s 7 high-tech production plants and innovation centers, which now employ a total of over 4,000 people.
As a plant quality engineer you ensure that the products and processes meet the established quality standards by identifying shortfalls. You analyze & develop corrective measures and implement quality control systems. You monitor the production quality performance to identify opportunities for improvement, carry out maintenance of quality files, procedures and work instructions for proper adherence to the quality system.
- Pilot and support the production in the identification of the root causes of major quality problems in serial product.
- Analyse data to identify potential causes of problems and recommend solutions.
- Manage the plant process FMEAS & control plans.
- Participate in customer complaints analyses in the shopfloor including the risks assessments, effectiveness of containment activities as well as corrective & preventive actions.
- Follow and reduce the internal rejection rate and document action plans when targets are not achieved.
- Perform the internal process audit basing on VDA 6.3 standard.
- Follow the documentation & deployment of the best practices and lessons learned.
- Determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the corrective & preventive actions while monitoring the product quality improvement.
- Collaborate with operations managers to develop and implement controls and improvements.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, with a minimum of two years of experience in a similar position in quality.
- Ideally you have experience in either the automotive or the glass industry.
- You have a good knowledge of IATF, VDA 6.3, customer requirements, MSA, SPC, APQP, core tools and problem solving methods.
- Black or Green Belt Certification is a plus.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of Dutch and/or German is a bonus.